35 Video Marketing Stats to Grow Your Fitness Business
Video is the new king of content. It’s by far the most popular content choice, with impressive numbers to back up its claim to the throne. In 2020 alone, online video consumption increased by a whopping 96% and the trend is still on the upswing.
Moreover, the pandemic also forced businesses to rethink their content strategy with video marketing as its centerpiece. This pivot was needed to adjust to the rapidly changing customer habits: 68% of consumers reported that the COVID-19 pandemic affected the amount of video they consumed.
And this trend shows no sign of going away. In 2021, the average individual is expected to spend approximately 100 minutes each day watching online videos. To adjust to this reality, 96% of marketers plan to at least maintain or increase their expenditure on video marketing.
With the right video strategy, you can increase engagement, obtain more leads, and convert them into long-term clients. But, what do the video marketing stats tell us? Let’s dig a little deeper into the statistics to explain exactly how video marketing can impact your business.
Why is video marketing so important?
Using a video on a landing page has been found to increase the conversion rate of a business’s products by 80%. According to HubSpot, 87% of video marketers say video now gives them a positive ROI, compared to the measly 33% in 2015. Why is video so effective, especially for interactive activities like the fitness business?
- Well, 65% of individuals are visual learners. (Social Science Research Network)
- Hence, video is no longer a nice luxury option; it has now become a necessity as 9 out of 10 viewers now expect to see video content from the businesses or brands they follow. (invideo)
- In 2021, 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool—up from 63% in 2019. (HubSpot)
- At the same time, 30% of marketers view video as a more important part of their marketing strategy than their website. (biteable)
- This might be because 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
- It’s now projected that by 2022, online video will constitute 82% of all consumer traffic. (Cisco)
However, the global pandemic has also influenced both businesses and user consumption of video respectively:
- 91% of marketers feel video is now more important for their brands. (Wyzowl)
- 68% of consumers report that the pandemic influenced the amount of video they viewed, with 96% claiming the pandemic made them increase their video viewing habits. (Wyzowl)
Why post video content on social media?
Video is also ruling the social network landscape. Here are a few stats that should sell you on using video marketing on your social media platforms:
- On social media, video posts get 48% more views. (The Market Helpline)
- Almost 91% of marketers report being satisfied with the ROI they get from video marketing on social media. (Animoto)
How do social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, and TikTok stack up in the video marketing world?
- 70% of marketers have planned to use video marketing on Facebook in 2021. (Wyzowl)
- 58% of marketers have planned to use video marketing on Instagram in 2021. (Wyzowl)
- 31% of marketers have strategized to include video marketing on Twitter in 2021. (Wyzowl)
- 63% of marketers have targeted LinkedIn for video marketing in 2021. (Wyzowl)
- 89% of marketers have planned to use video marketing on YouTube in 2021. (Wyzowl)
- The number of marketers using TikTok doubled from 10% in 2019 to 20% in 2020, with 67% reporting the platform was effective for them. (Wyzowl)
- Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos per day. (Bloomberg)
How does video marketing boost engagement?
Engagement and videos go hand in hand. Consumers are naturally attracted to videos, leading them to like, comment, and inquire more about your business. How does video marketing boost engagement numbers on various platforms?
- Videos have a high distribution rate, with 92% of users who watch video on mobile devices end up sharing it with others. (WordStream)
- By incorporating video into their emails, sales teams experienced a 26% increase in replies. (Sales Loft, 2018)
- Social video generates 1,200% more shares than both image and text content combined. (G2 Crowd)
- Tweets with videos receive 10x more engagement compared to tweets without videos. (Twitter)
- Video posts on Instagram receive twice as much engagement compared to other types of posts. (Search Engine Journal)
- 49% of consumers engage with branded video content on Facebook, which is about two times more than any other social platform. (Ever Increasing Circles Ltd.)
- Also, business owners take note: videos under two minutes will get the most engagement. (Wistia)
What’s the impact of video marketing on lead generation?
Video marketing can be used to drive leads, especially visually-oriented activities such as fitness videos. As a result, fitness businesses should endeavor to include how-to videos on a certain exercise to attract more leads. How can video marketing produce more leads for your business? Here are a handful of stats that help explain this:
- 84% of marketers report that video has enabled them to generate leads. (Wyzowl)
- 86% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic to their website. (Wyzowl)
- 83% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website. (Wyzowl)
- 83% of marketers report that video has assisted them with lead generation. (Wyzowl)
- While 87% of video marketers report that video has boosted traffic to their website. (Wyzowl)
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year. (Oberlo)
- Sales teams that incorporate video in their emails have a 16% higher open rate. (Sales Loft, 2018)
Does video lead to more purchases?
There’s a strong connection between people watching videos and eventually making purchases. Let’s take a look at the data:
- As many as 55% of customers watch videos before making a purchase decision. (Search Engine Journal)
- 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service just by watching a brand’s video. (Wyzowl)
- 93% of brands acquire a new customer specifically because of a video on social media. (Animoto)
- 78% of marketers report that video has directly helped to increase their sales. (Wyzowl)
A picture is worth a thousand words…but a video is worth its weight in gold
Videos are the best way to educate, inform, and entertain. The video marketing stats we’ve presented underline how video can effectively lead to higher engagement numbers while converting more leads into clients. However, all the numbers and statistics will do you no ounce of good unless you take determined action.
So, take action with WellnessLiving’s all-in-one software to help you get your video content effectively out to the world.
Get your videos watched and create massive growth in your business with WellnessLiving’s automated marketing suite to help you send out emails with video content. With our Presence™ website builder, our team works with you to build a website with built-in web pages and blogs where you can include your marketing videos.
How else can WellnessLiving grow your business? Contact us today to book a free, no-commitment demo today.