Top 5 Benefits of Fitness Classes On Demand
Gone are the days when working out meant shuffling our busy schedules to get to a gym session or fitness class. In 2020, people worldwide started exercising at home for the first time due to COVID-19 closures. In the last 12 months, 74% of Americans used at least one fitness app, with home fitness app downloads growing globally by 46%. With the rise of on-demand fitness classes, it’s now as simple as pressing the ‘play’ button.
Here are 5 key benefits of adding pre-recorded fitness classes to your roster:
1. Gives clients more options to customize their workouts
Without a set schedule, fitness classes on demand are limitless. Reaching goals like maintaining overall health, improving flexibility, building muscle, and boosting mental health are all suddenly at your clients’ fingertips. Here’s how you can customize your pre-recorded fitness classes to help them see results:
- Class type: Include classes like ab workouts, weightlifting, yoga, Pilates, tai chi, barre, boxing, spin, CrossFit, and more.
- Workout length: 30-minute classes are a great mid-day option, while hour-long classes may appeal to an after-work crowd.
- Warmups: Provide detailed dialogue and how-to tutorials, so your clients can avoid injury and get the most out of a workout.
- Favorites: Check out your client trends and customize based on popular instructors, targeted body parts, or level of experience.
2. Promotes the power of convenience
One of the biggest benefits of fitness classes on demand is that they’re 24/7. Gym scheduling can be a challenge, but with a home workout space and on-demand fitness classes, it suddenly works. Convenience is king—in fact, a recent Beachbody study revealed that 89% of people listed convenience as a top reason they love working out from home. It also suggests that 87% of gym-goers will continue to work out from home, even after their gyms reopen.
Just how convenient are pre-recorded fitness classes for your clients? They can:
- Access workouts by phone, laptop, tablet, or other devices.
- Work out in any available space on their own schedule.
- Use minimal equipment for most online classes.
3. Builds your digital brand
They may not be visiting your studio in person, but they still need you. An October 2020 IHRSA report found that 95% of members miss at least one aspect of their fitness club. So while they love the convenience of home workouts, they still miss your business.
Offering fitness classes on demand is an opportunity to build your brand, making a name for yourself in this space. Remind your clients why they picked you and show off to newcomers by putting your best foot forward. How can you make the best content?
- Equipment: Use recording equipment like a video camera, webcam, smartphone, or tablet. Once you’re up and running, consider adding an external microphone, tripod, or LED lights to take your content up a notch.
- Light and sound: Choose a space without background noise, look for natural light, and test your audio to ensure clarity.
- Location: Use an uncluttered, well-lit room, free from distractions. Choose a space that’s available over the long haul, so your content has a consistent look and feel.
- Delivery: Speak clearly, look at the camera, engage with your audience, and make it fun.
- Practice and editing: It doesn’t have to be a one-take success. With simple editing software (there are lots of free options) you can easily record separate segments, editing them together for a seamless final product. Don’t forget to brand each video with your logo, music, and subtitles where it enhances your content.
- Ask for feedback: Give the people what they want by asking them how you’re doing. Find out what’s working and what would improve their experience.
4. Creates an additional revenue stream
A bigger bottom line is another one of the benefits of fitness classes on demand. Studies show that online fitness downloads grew by 46% worldwide in the first half of 2020, with Beachbody reporting a 79% increase in content demand. Companies like Beachbody, Peloton and Calm are boosting their bottom lines by enhancing customer experience and meeting the demand, and you can too. Here’s how:
- Promote on-demand memberships, class bundles, or single class purchases.
- Make purchases time-sensitive with expiry dates.
- Offer pre-recorded classes as an add-on or as part of their virtual or hybrid membership.
5. Helps retain more members
With all the uncertainty this year, 60% of people plan to cancel their gym memberships, according to a survey from Freeletics. Keep your clients and grow your community with the level of service they love and the convenience they’re looking for. Promote your on-demand fitness classes so they don’t miss out on their favorites. Here are a few ways to spread the word:
- Automated marketing: Use automated marketing to reach your community easily and promote your on-demand classes. Don’t forget to target clients you haven’t seen in a while via email or text to get them back.
- Social media: Grow your community and keep clients engaged with great content on social media. Share video clips and testimonials on your Facebook Business Page or create a group to build a buzz about your on-demand fitness classes.
- Website: Use your blog and your website to promote your on-demand fitness classes and fill those spots.
How can FitVID on Demand help?
Get the tools to get the job done right with WellnessLiving’s fitness studio software. Our FitVID on Demand features allow you to easily upload your videos and store them right in the software, arrange your virtual library and allow access as you see fit. How else does it work?
- Organize content: Organize your on-demand video content in a way that makes the most sense for your business. Offer trial classes, allow 24-hour access, and sort by length of class, difficulty, class type, and more.
- Boost your brand: Eliminate a third-party video on demand platform like Facebook or YouTube, so once clients are using the app, they’ll stay there.
- Better customer experience: It’s super simple for clients to watch videos right through the Client Web App or the Achieve Client App.
Growing your business with on demand services
The future is here, with fitness classes on demand gaining more momentum each day. Make it easy for your clients to work out with you on their own time and offer them the options they need to make it more convenient. At the same time, boost retention, add a revenue stream, and build your brand. Once you have the expert tools you need from WellnessLiving, your clients will love your on-demand content.
Along with FitVID on Demand, we offer automated marketing, client and staff apps, Zoom integration, and more to help you manage your business like a pro. To learn about all the ways WellnessLiving can help, book a free, no-commitment demo today.